Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6300 Pro Microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi Im New To Here And Please Help Me.                  I Have A HP Compaq 6300 Pro Microtower Pc

It Has a 320w Psu  So I Want To Upgrade A Graphics Card For My Pc I Decided To Install An Gtx550 ti For My Pc But The Minimum Power Requirement For The Gtx550ti is 400w

Please Reply Can I Install That GTX 550ti on my pc or please recommend the suitable Mid Range Graphics Cards For 320W Psu

Sorry For The Poor English

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

the answer is a qualified yes,......................the proprietary HP 330 way power supply can be replaced with a 600 watt ATX unit as a simple swap, you then need a special cable to convert the new pwr supply's  24 pin ATX motherboard connector to the HP 6 pin one

the HP 6300 pro uses the same power supply as the HP 8300 elite so the same pwr adapter works on both here's one such adapter

https://www.moddiy.com/products/HP-Compaq-Elite-8300-CMT-PSU-Main-Power-24-Pin-to-6-Pin-Adapter-Cabl...

note that the motherboard 4 pin CPU aux connector (by the cpu) must still be connected from the new ATX supply

and the new video cards 6/8 pin aux GPU connectors will also come from the new atx supply

last USE QUALITY NAME BRAND POWER SUPPLIES, those cheap china ebay 700 watt units for 38.00 USD are fire hazards

stick with corsair/seasonic/antec/cooler master/thermaltake,Enermax, FSP, OCZ and so on

HP Recommended

So Can I Change Pre Built Pc Power Supply Unit To 600 W Atx Power Supply

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.