Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

To use a specific PCIe card, I need to disable Spread Spectrum Clocking on the Z420 workstation. Usually this is a BIOS option, but I do not see it. Can SSC be disabled on Z620, and if so how?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

huh?......if a bios supports Spread Spectrum, all that does is vary the PCI-E bus clock by a small amount in a attempt to reduce electromagnetic noise caused by the computer that may cause interference in nearby devices such as radio's or other test equipment it does nothing else and as far as i know will not make a non working card suddenly work

you might get better help if you take the time to specify the card, what it does and perhaps if known contact the card maker directly

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.