Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Dears,

I have a severe trouble with my HP Z600 workstation, I changed some stuff in BIOS settings, now it gives me 6 beep error, refusing to boot, I tried to flash the 2 versions of BIOS 3.6 and 3.57 with Dos using USB stick (by placing the jumper in critical emergency position). it gives me success message and asks me to unplug and then re-plug but still gives me error. I removed almost every thing (un needed cards and ram), still nothing.

Note: My current Processor is x5670 and Graphic Card is 1050 TI.. I think the conflict is related to graphics settings in bios.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

did you by chance enable the "compute" option for the pci-e/pci slots? if so you're screwed no way to recover

if you only enabled comput on the slot with the video card enabled, then all you had to do was either install a pci video card or move the pci-e card to another slot that does not have "compute" enabled

since you have now corrupted the bios by starting a bios recovery process, you must now successfully complete this

search this forum for "bios recovery SDH" he has posted in detail the steps required to do a bios recovery

again, note that a successful bios recovery will not fix/resolve the issue with turning on the compute setting in the bios for the pci-e/pci slots if all slots were enabled then the board is bricked beyond normal recovery methods and needs to be replaced

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

did you by chance enable the "compute" option for the pci-e/pci slots? if so you're screwed no way to recover

if you only enabled comput on the slot with the video card enabled, then all you had to do was either install a pci video card or move the pci-e card to another slot that does not have "compute" enabled

since you have now corrupted the bios by starting a bios recovery process, you must now successfully complete this

search this forum for "bios recovery SDH" he has posted in detail the steps required to do a bios recovery

again, note that a successful bios recovery will not fix/resolve the issue with turning on the compute setting in the bios for the pci-e/pci slots if all slots were enabled then the board is bricked beyond normal recovery methods and needs to be replaced

HP Recommended

Yes I did (Compute option) for 2 PCI-E slots, but still the PCI slots on the default setting. I flashed Bios 3.57 and 3.6 and it gives me success message every time. Should I search for an old PCI vga card to access the bios and change the "compute" setting and then re-install my 1050 ti Card ?? will this solve the issue ?

HP Recommended

yes, a pci video card should work, just remember to remove the existing cards from the pci-e slots to prevent the 6 beep video error

however,.................................as i said if you invoked the bios recovery this most likely corrupted  the existing bios so you may have to first recover the bios, to check just install only the PCI video card and see if you can access the bios, if not then a recovery must first be completed

and next time..............................

1. don't play with settings when you have no idea what functions they perform

2. don't make a bad situation worse by blindly trying things at random (such as a bios recovery)

if you had researched the "compute" bios setting or asked on this forum you would not be in this situation

and point number two, if you had stopped and stated you enabled the compute option instead of starting a bios recovery you would not have possibly corrupted you existing bios

HP Recommended

Solved.. Thank you sooo much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.