Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z 440 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I've had this workstation for a while now, and when I set it up I downgraded it to the Windows 7 Operating system that came with it. To the best of my knowledge, the Windows 10 file was downloaded and just needs to be activated - I'm just not sure how to do that. Additionally, I've had some fears that this could mess up the old version of Peachtree Accounting that is on the computer, and was wondering if those were valid fears.

Basically: Where is the Windows 10 file stored (or where would the activation key be)? How can I revert the Downgrade? Will this mess up Peachtree?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

once you downgraded to win-7 the win-10 restore function will cease to work

you can either contact HP and get a set of restore disks/drivers for a fee, or you can download a copy of win 10 direct from microsoft and create a win 10 install USB key to reinstall win 10 and then install all nessary z440 drivers using the HP z440 driver download page

either way i would do a full backup of your peachtree data (which is covered in your manual) before doing a win 7 to 10 or clean win 10 reinstall.

i would also confirm that your copy of peachtree is windows 10 compatible, and if not that the new version can read data files from your current version before you do anything

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.