Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z800 and z600

Greetings
I have two questions for you about the pins of the Z600 power supply and the pins of the Z800 motherboard:
1) The power supply unit Z600 has a p25 connector, please explain the purpose of the contact "+ 12V-CPUO-SE" (gray inside the power supply unit) which is located between the contacts "+ 12V-CPUO" and "+12V-MEMORY".
2) The Z800 motherboard has connector p1, please tell us the purpose of pins №16 "PWR-OK (disconnected)" and № 9 "PSU_ID".
Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I'm not going to answer this question because digging around in a power supply is a great way to damage yourself or the motherboard/power supply

what i will say is that premade adapters exist on aliexpress for the z600/z800 to allow usage of a ATX supply

HP Recommended

@DGroves wrote:

I'm not going to answer this question because digging around in a power supply is a great way to damage yourself or the motherboard/power supply

what i will say is that premade adapters exist on aliexpress for the z600/z800 to allow usage of a ATX supply

Then why write?
I am very good at electronics and did everything without the help of my Chinese friends.
Only the special signals described above caused questions.
But I have already figured out everything and the computer is working.
For those interested, the indicated pins do not affect the joint operation of the power supply unit from the Z600 and the Z800 motherboard, and you do not need to use them.

HP Recommended

I got a cable from z800, I managed to determine the purpose of these pins.
The + 12V-CPUO-SE "pin (gray) is connected to the CPU power on the connector itself and probably serves to check the voltage coming to the processor directly, excluding a drop on the wires.
Conclusion No. 16 "PWR-OK" in Z800 is in the same row between the pins + 5v and + 12v-b.
The pin of the motherboard connector # 9 is also used, it goes with a thin black wire to the contact of the power supply next to the "pc-on".
Since I do not have the numbering of the pins of the power supply connectors, I indicate the position of the contacts relative to the adjacent ones.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.