Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6200 SFF
Other

Saw an older post on the forum for getting UEFI working on an older model from 2011, maybe before that even.

So called HP expert said “buy a rom burner” and then “contact HP for the UEFI firmware”

Just wanted to chime in, that so called “expert”, should probably remove that comment. Why? Because I’m certain that when the BIOS says EFI boot, that it’s because your company was working on UEFI already in the chip.

I also would like to mention, it’s not the first time a so called expert provided an answer that got recognition but was fundamentally inaccurate. I didn’t see a response from this so called expert after the guy even said “why is it listed as an option then?”

what that says to me is, “We’re HP and we don’t care about the fact that it says that. Just buy a newer computer, we’ll sell you something new that won’t work for this same type of issue in the future. Because that’s our business model, we don’t give answers that breathe new life into stuff we made years ago. That doesn’t make us any money, so your GREAT QUESTION will go unanswered. In fact, let’s give this expert recognition for  providing a pretty stupid answer that ensures the customer wastes even more money. Because that’s the only business model we like to promote...”

Funny how I picked up on all of that from one single little post, huh?

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktops-Archive-Read-Only/ADD-UEFI-over-BIOS/td-p/5918140

Id like to know why it says EFI boot in the BIOS if in fact it does not support this feature. Please have your best experts provide me with a deeper explanation, cause this guy isn’t an expert AFAIC.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The 6200 Pro model series has a UEFI BIOS.

You can read this HP whitepaper at the link below (page 5) for how to tell if a HP business desktop PC has a UEFI BIOS.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02826744

HP Recommended

Alright riddle me this Batman, why can I not get the machine to boot UEFI media that works on other devices? Should I post screenshots ?

HP Recommended

That I wouldn't know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.