Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
t630
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

I've got a few t630 Windows 10IoT thin clients sitting on the shelf which don't currently boot from their OS, and I wanted to reimage them via PXE from HPDM.  I flashed the BIOS to the latest revision, which enabled the option of setting IPv4 as a UEFI boot option.  The BIOS update also enabled and set secure boot.

The thin client starts, and I can see in Wireshark where it contacts the PXE server.  The server appears to respond with the wrong option 60 value for a UEFI client, so the thin client doesn't acknowledge that PXE boot is available and times out.  If I disable secure boot and boot from legacy IPv4 PXE, the boot process starts correctly.  

I would like to leave secure boot enabled if at all possible.  Is there any configuration which will make that work?  I'm currently on HPDM 4.7 SP10, with plans to update to v5.0.  With that update correct this issue?  Is a Linux-based PXE boot process fundamentally incompatible with secure boot? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

We will support PXE over UEFI with secure boot compatibility soon in HPDM 5.0 SP1. 

The 4.7 solution works with only legacy boot and secure boot disabled.  Also, the PXE solution in HPDM 5.0 cannot work with secure boot yet.

Please stay tuned and prepare for trying the new PXE with our next release.  

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.