Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 600 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have been trying to activate the ports on this HP Prodesk 600 G3 Small Form Factor for a day. I have tried multiple updates, drivers, and restarts. Nothing works. When trying to install drivers the error I receive is "Computer does not meet system requirements". I have also tried to update the driver software. I will include all the drivers I have tried, all the updates I have installed, and any other important documents. Please suggest anything else I can do. 

SS 1.PNG

SS 2.PNG

SS 3.PNG

SS 4.PNG

SS 5.PNG

     

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to try the driver directly from Intel.  Download, unzip and run the setup application,

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22824/Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver-for-...

Before installing the driver, right click on the problem Intel USB 3 controller, select Uninstall and check the uninstall driver box.

Then restart the PC and see if the driver from Intel works.

If that doesn't work, use the cloud recovery client utility to reinstall W7.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp85001-85500/sp85318.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestion, however, I tried this driver. I receive the error below, even when I uninstall and delete the previous driver:

SS 6.PNG

HP Recommended

What happens if you try to manually install the driver?

Click on the USB controller in the device manager.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the unzipped Intel USB driver folder from the link I posted.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and see if the driver installs that way.

If not, you are probably going to have to reinstall W7 because something in the Windows registry must be messed up real bad.

HP Recommended

I've mentioned here in the past that when I am doing clean installs or deep troubleshooting I like to use a PS2 HP keyboard and a PS2 HP laser mouse.  These can be easily found new for reasonable costs on eBay.  I do this because PS2 is a more primative way to access the motherboard... and USB problems can interfere with USB keyboards and mice.  A couple days ago I lost the same USB2 port on two Z420v2 workstations I'm prepping for a project.

I don't see PS2 ports on your workstation's backplane, but you still can try this:  Hopefully you have at least USB keyboard and mouse access.  This info came from a HP USB troubleshooting document for W8/10.  Boot into the OS, navigate to device manager, subselect the USB section, uninstall sequentially each of the USB Root Hubs, shutdown, startup.  My corrupted USB port reappeared on each of the two workstations during the system auto-reinstall of the drivers for those USB root hubs.  These are not superficial devices.... these are deep layer ones for the motherboard and the normally hidden archive of drivers on the HSS/SSD will have these in reserve for use.

HP Recommended

I've also seen some windows installs that for whatever reason have a corrupted OS during the install relating to usb

doing a clean OS reinstall using a different windows install disk/usb key will sometimes fix a unable to install usb driver or missing usb port problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.