Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z240 TOWER WORK STATION
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I need Universal serial bus (USB) Controller driver for my hp Z240 tower workstation windows 10 64 bit installed. I have installed all drivers but my laptop does not recognize usb flash drives. Thank you for any help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

USB 2.0 support is native to the OS since windows XP

usb 3.0 support is native to the OS since windows 8

if your USB devices are not working,  you may find that the easiest fix is to simply reinstall the OS as trying to determine what is wrong via email is usually not a task that can be done easily

you might want to see if windows can reload the USB drivers

by trying to update the USB Root Hub driver

open device manager,

Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers section and right click USB Root Hub.

Choose Update driver from the menu.

Now select Search automatically for updated driver software

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.