Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello SDH,  I don't know if you will see this but...

I tried upgrading my HP Z600 Workstation to Windows 10 (on a 2nd internal hard drive) and now I can't even get into my prior installation of Windows 7.  

I had the installation almost complete, there was some difficulty creating a PIN but somehow I progressed past that and got to the point where I had achieved a Windows 10 desktop screen and was just restarting to finish installing the Graphics Drivers and then er well that hard drive itself seems to have failed or be failing because I can't Reinstall Windows 10 to it and perhaps get a different graphics card or even install Windows 7.  They both say that that 2nd hard drive is failing.

Anyways, long story short after trying to upgrade the computer to Windows 10 like this and have this happen I realized that maybe the compatability with Windows 10 was not there, either with the graphics card (an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 295) or maybe some HP proprietary RAID/motherboard setup, but you seem to suggest it is possible to run Windows 10.  If you're still able to get updates from this thread can you confirm that Windows 10 runs well with the Win 8/Win 7 drivers up on Hp.com, or is it far more complicated than that?  While you're at it would you settle for me the question of whether Windows 8.0 drivers would suffice for 8.1?  I have limited funds don't know what I would/should buy and Windows 7 is "expiring" so I guess Windows 8.1 might be as far as I can go with a Z600.

Thanks for your time....!

HP Recommended

download the latest bios from HP does not matter if windows or linux choose whichever you can extract the files from

once you extract the files go into the "DOS" folder and locate the xxxxxx.bin file this is the actual bios, now copy this bios file onto a formatted fat32 USB key which is 2gb or less in size

place the usb key into a usb 2.0 port and boot the system, enter the bios and in the bios you will see a feature for updating the bios, select it and point the file requester to the usb key and select the xxxx.bin file

the bios update will begin, follow the prompts and when finished remove the usb key and reboot the system and allow the os to load normally

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.