Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

It is the desktop tower unit. I believe the built in nic will work, but one of the projects is to create a virtual pfsense router and although I could do that with two nics (and if I were to use vlans only the built in one?) I want to segment my network and segment off and move all of my I-ot devices of my main lan and also to have a wireguard vpn on the I-ot segment

HP Recommended

@pa28-181,

Upon further reflection, you should go ahead and re-introduce your particular Network/Router question in HP Forum's Desktop Support Community's Desktop Wireless And Networking section.

That way, folks who tend to be most experienced in that particular area of expertise are more likely to come out of their proverbial neck of the woods to provide helpful feedback.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Dear Forum,

Applied the first of several chassis modifications: cut a vertical opening (9mm x 130mm) in the top access panel to allow the PCIe X16 eGPU extension cable and an OEM HP PSU SATA cable (to provide signal for secondary ePSU activation) to exit the desktop.

Next on the list of chassis mods: installation of one or two additional cooling fans, and possibly cutting again in the top panel to allow the installation of a high-performance CPU heatsink/cooling fan.

NonSequitur777_0-1643521442124.png

HP Recommended

Hi @Paul_Tikkanen,

Sir, you promoted modular power supply units a number of times, and I took notice.

Ordered a decent 850 watt fully modular PSU today which is on sale at Amazon: "Power Supply 850W Fully Modular 80Plus Gold Certified PSU (ARESGAME, AGK850)".  Minus discounts, this in-stock unit is selling right now for just $71.99 (total before tax).

NonSequitur777_1-1643688002443.png

[DISCLAIMER:] -I am not endorsing or promoting this particular brand/model.  However, please note that besides the fact that 650+ watt full modular PSUs are in short supply, this particular PSU is offered right now [01/31/22] at way below MSRP ($109.99 Amazon / $117.99 Newegg, etc.) -worth mentioning, impo.

Connected with one of these: [or any other comparable power sync relay card] "Dual PSU Adapter ATX 24-Pin to SATA 4-Pin Power Sync Starter Card Extension Card", and your secondary PSU -besides displaying a much cleaner look than a non-modular PSU, will happily and reliably sync on/off through any proprietary/stock HP PSU to power a high(er) end eGPU or any other peripheral PC component in need of sufficient juice.

NonSequitur777_0-1643687148429.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen,

Ordered the fully modular 850 watt PSU yesterday and delivered today -Amazon got this figured out as a science all right!

Installed immediately and is working flawlessly.  The unit's 14 cm cooling fan is very quiet. Btw, Aresgame's inclusion of a power supply tester is a very nice touch too.  (I had to buy one separately when I bought an EVGA PSU.)

The AGK850's dimensions (LxWxH: 6 ⁵⁄₁₆ x 5 ⅞ x 3 ⅜ inches) are only slightly larger than the AGV500 non-modular model.  The pictures make this PSU look bigger than it really is:

NonSequitur777_1-1643762203697.png

NonSequitur777_0-1643762172749.png

HP Recommended

That's great news! 

Glad that your PC upgrade project is a great success. 

HP Recommended

Forum,

Decided to install an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 card since this motherboard had an empty M.2 PCIe X1-2230 WLAN slot, including attaching the two mini antennas and installing the best drivers I could find (including version 20.70.27.1 - 9/12/21).

However, the Intel 8265 wireless internet connection/wireless speed results were disappointedly underwhelming.

Therefore, back to the USB 3.0 Realtek 8812BU Wireless LAN 802.11a 2.4/5.8G NIC Dual Antenna Network Card.

NonSequitur777_0-1643945066645.png

NonSequitur777_1-1643946063316.png

HP Recommended

You should be able to install the Intel AX200 M.2 wifi card if you want.

Here is the description and part number...you can find them for sale on eBay.

Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 ax 2×2 + Bluetooth 5.0 MU-MIMO M.2 2230 non-vPro   HP part # L35282-005

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen:

Done. Also ordered a new stick'm IPEX MHF4 internal antenna kit.

NonSequitur777_0-1643986734193.png

HP Recommended

What do you know:

After many months, finally got lucky to be selected in today's "Newegg Shuffle" for no less than an "ASUS TUF Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 OC Edition Graphics Card (PCIe 4.0, 12GB GDDR6X, LHR, HDMI 2.1, DisplayPort 1.4a, Dual Ball Fan Bearings, Military-grade Certification, GPU Tweak)" I had selected as one of the GPU options available earlier today.

Thought it over, called my significant other, then called my banker, and went ahead and purchased this GPU with minutes to spare, because Newegg Shuffle means business: you only get one (1) hour to make up your mind and purchase the item you "won", or else you forfeit your item and it will be offered to the next guy/missus on today's du jour shuffle list.

Reference link #1: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Graphics-Cards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-RTX3080-O12G-GAMING/

Reference link #2: https://www.techspot.com/review/2102-asus-tuf-geforce-rtx-3080/

Should get it the day after tomorrow.

Am ready to boost this Upgraded HP EliteDesk 800 G3 SFF to/through UserBenchMark's "UFO" performance ceiling!

Stay tuned.

NonSequitur777_0-1644440360502.png

NonSequitur777_1-1644440780264.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.