Ssavanyu
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Upgrading Z840 to Windows 10 on HP turbo drive

HP Recommended
HP Z840 WS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Z840 WS running  Windows 7 64 Professional (It was downgraded from windows 10 when I purchased the machine). The OS resides on an HP Turbo drive which is my c: drive.  I want to replace (upgrade) windows 7 with clean install of Windows 10 on the HP turbo drive. What is best way to accomplish this?

Steve M. Savanyu
1 REPLY 1
DGroves
Level 11
4,483 4,466 406 934
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

from within windows 7, download the windows 10 install image  (usb key or DVD image)

once the win 10 install media is made, FROM WITHIN THE WIN 7 OS,  go to the win 10 media and run the win 10 installer which is SETUP.EXE

the win 10 installer will check/confirm a valid win 7 license/activation and then procede to install a clean  win 10 install and also give you a valid win 10 digital activation license

once the first win 10 activation is done, all future win 10 installs to this motherboard can be done directly without first having win 7 installed

note that MS can deactivate this win 10 licenseing method at any time since it's a unoffical way to upgrade

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation