Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z820
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Rather new to the Z820 world. This is only my second post to the community...Guess I misplaced my last post in the wrong catrigory. Lets sum it up. I bought a off lease Z820 and was impressed with the preformance. Had it just about two months now and nothing but issues... Overheating while running minimal load on the system. I attempted to install some of the HP drivers and thats when all the issues started. Rather disapointed as I am a disabled person on a fixed income and unable to go out and make a bit of money...My computer is the mainstay of my enjoyment and mainstay of my recreation. So Point I am getting at.. Anybody else have issues with HP drivers on Z820??? Anybody know where to get replacement liquid coolers for the Z820 at a reallyu reasonable cost??? The prices I have found for replacement coolers is around $300+ way out of my range. I heard a friend say he uses nitrogen cooling ...But can not seem to find much on that other than benchmarking. Again any assistance with my issuesa would be really appreciated. 

AnonWatch
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

if you are not a highly skilled person with subzero liquids,.... then trying to cool a pc using them is not for you 

now back to reality,............................. since you have not specified the z820 configuration you have or which driver(s) you tried to load or what the errors you got, and the OS that is installed there is little we can do at this point other than to point out that there are two diffrent coolers, a stock 95watt or lower one and a high performance one rated for 130 watt cpu's

and the liquid cooling option for the 150 watt cpu's

i recomend you read the z820 mataince and service guide, and then repost a reply that includes the nessary information so we can try helping you

i personally own two z820's a z800 and a z840, and for the most part all of them are rock solid with no issues

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-z820-workstation/5225041/manuals

HP Recommended

have read all the matterials i can find on the z820 over the past week. Here is the configuration i have 

• (x2) Intel Xeon E5-2687W Processors 
  • (x2) Liquid Cooling Heatsinks
  • 32GB 12800R RDDR3 1600MHz RAM
  • Nvidia Quadro 5000 Graphics Card 
  • 600GB (2 x 300GB) 15K SAS HD
  • 1125w Power Supply          

I contacted the place I got it from and they are taking it back as it now does not see the liquid coolers and overheats within minutes of start up, It is a older system and was damaged in shipping. Thinking that may have been the main issue. I am trying to learn more about the systems as I will be getting the damaged one replaced. I do appreciate all the advise and no I am not the Hack of tech. Just a guy that is home bound and use the z820 for playing with virtual machines, and messing with "open sim". It is much more machine than i really need i am sure... But it is for that reason i got one. I try to be available on a few platforms to assist noobs in open sim, and many social media platorms as well as playing with android app development. None of the things i do should even make a Z820 struggle or put a load on it. 

AnonWatch
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.