Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z4 G4 Xeon

Hi!

Help me, please.

Is it possible to wake HP Z4 G4 Xeon / Win10-64 up from sleep mode by mouse / keyboard? Not from hibernate.

In manual: the station can be wake up only by power button. It is very inconvenient 😞 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

Managing power options (Windows 10)

it shouldn't make a difference whether it's this model or another!
check if the keyboard and mouse, have the box checked, in the device manager "allow this device to wake from sleep mode"
and the options indicated in the link

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks.

I have done everything you wrote before the question.

It seems to me that the model (HP Z4 G4) has no ability to wake up by mouse/kb. I have met several workstations with similar limitations in the past (different manufacturer).

HP Recommended

That would seem rather odd to me!
have you tried connecting the keyboard and mouse to different usb ports?
Probably nothing to see, but it could be a lead
I tried accessing the bios, from a computer, where I know it worked
Not possible, even after disabling fast startup, not possible with another keyboard!
The computer could go into the bios, using the advanced startup function, under windows!
but impossible to use the keyboard !
Finally I found that it was a usb device, which prevented the operation of the keyboard, at startup, and under the bios!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-z4-g4-workstation/16449890/manuals

see if there is indeed any question of an impossibility in the documents provided

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, i have tried with different kb / mice / USB ports (front / rear).

Is there anybody who use the same model/OS (HP Z4 G4 with w1064pro)?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.