Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-2000a (2Z6E2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I received this PC on 17 March 2023.  According to this app, the warranty expires on 17 April 2023.  I thought there was a 1-year initial warranty on the PC.  What gives here?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

depends, was this pc bought from a non HP authorized seller?

or from a HP authorized liquidator?

in both of the above cases the  company selling the system  (not HP) is responsible for any warranty

i find it unusual and suspect that HP had/has inventory sitting for almost a year which is why I'm leaning towards the non HP authorized seller situations but until more details are provided I can't be sure

HP Recommended

It was bought from Amazon.  They did offer an extended warranty,  but I want to get it from HP.  I just thought that the warranty started at the time of delivery.

HP Recommended

you most likely did not buy your HP system from amazon...............................

you bought your HP system from a seller who listed their items on the amazon marketplace

who was the seller?

if you look carefully you will see in the listing:

Sold and Shipped by Amazon:

These items have been purchased as inventory by Amazon. They're sold and shipped to you from an Amazon warehouse.  

Sold by Third-Party, Fulfilled by Amazon: These items are owned by an independent, third-party business and are shipped ahead of time to Amazon's warehouses

in both of the above listings the warranty can be from  Amazon/3rd party/or HP depending on how the seller purchased the HP inventory they are selling

the listing will state who is providing the warranty and if unclear always ask before buying!!!

HP Recommended

Bought from and sold by Amazon.  I always look for that, as I have had problems with third party sellers on Amazon.

HP Recommended

Amazon is not a authorized HP reseller, as such the warranty is through amazon not HP.

to confirm either HP support or email amazon support

the above statement on warranties is not a absolute one as HP/Amazon might come to a warranty arrangement for specific items, but this would be far and few and clearly spelled out 

HP Recommended

All this is not all that helpful.  My question remains:  Why am I not receiving a full 1 year's warranty based on the date I bought the PC?

HP Recommended

if you bought the system from amazon  IE- amazon bought the systems from HP and are directly selling them, then you will need to contact amazon on warranty related questions

if the system was bought from HP or a authorized HP reseller who sells on amazon then HP support can answer your question

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.