Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pro Desk mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP ProDesk mini with intel - i3 CPU 8100T inside.

The desktop still has warranty left for a couple of months I think. 

The problem is that every time I plug the PC in a socket it boots up immediately, instead of turning on when i press on/off button like it should be.

Did a short research and found out that it probably has to do with low/empty battery on the motherboard (i believe the battery model is CR2032 or something along those lines, a small round silver battery)

My question is whether or not this falls under warranty?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
you don't know exactly if this is the problem?
but no matter the computer is warranty, if it has a problem it must be taken care of!
that said, have you checked if there is no "restart after loss of power" type option?
If not, do it, and deactivate there if present, then test!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll check it and update this post. Didn't know that option existed in BIOS

HP Recommended

Hi, sorry for the late reply, some things came inbetween.

I couldn't quite find anything in BIOS about the setting you mentioned.

What i did was update BIOS and then it stopped from turning on by itself when i plug the PC in...not sure if that was the fix or just a temporary bug...

Do you happen to know where exactly in BIOS that setting could be?

HP Recommended

Nothing serious I hope !
If it works then again, maybe nothing to do
I would need the product number of the computer maybe

for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

and for a laptop:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.