Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings Forum,

I recently picked up a second hand Z640 WS for later use (and since it as I have come to learn - can have the TPM upgraded/flashed to 2.0 for use with W11 when Microsoft releases this version). Discovered that it has only one ethernet port compared to my Z620. Having previously been able to manually "team" two ports in W10 (it can be done manually by commands entered in power shell) I want to be able to use a dual port NIC in the Z640. The question is which (older) network adapters that can be used? New boards are expenceive. Old HP boards based on Intel 350 is readily available on the surplus market but many are either LowProfile versions or that the full height bracket seems to have been discarded during first installation. There are also a multitude of HP NC364T's available but judging from discussions in hacker forums, it is uncertain if this board can be configured for use by W10 since it is has been retired since long time ago...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP plainly lists one dual port adapter which they have approved for use in the z640 which is the HP x520 dual port adapter

Intel makes this card and has current driver support for current OS's and older legacy OS's

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/ethernet/500-network-adapters/x520-server-a...

while other cards may work validation is up to you  I will note that some server only cards do not work in non server or hardware configs other than the systems they were designed for.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HP plainly lists one dual port adapter which they have approved for use in the z640 which is the HP x520 dual port adapter

Intel makes this card and has current driver support for current OS's and older legacy OS's

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/ethernet/500-network-adapters/x520-server-a...

while other cards may work validation is up to you  I will note that some server only cards do not work in non server or hardware configs other than the systems they were designed for.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.