cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rthytrfhfgh6756
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Why Were z840 BIOS Revisions 2.39 and 2.40 Removed From Downloads?

HP Recommended

A troubleshome Windows 10 update at the end of January forced me to rebuild the SYS partition from scratch.  In the process of trying to avoid having to do that, I had updated all the drivers and the BIOS from the "Software and Drivers" page for z840, Windows 10.  One of the downloads was SP84968 which contained the flashing utilities to bring the BIOS to rev 2.40.  (I was running 2.38 at the time, and getting "Trusted Platform" errors in event log with MS advice to contact the hardware vendor for a BIOS upgrade to eliminate the security vulnerability.)

I am now running version 2.40, have rebuilt the SYS partition and went to check to make sure no further updates since that one (which I got and installed on 02/14/2018) had not been posted.  Lo and behold, that SP - BIOS 2.40  update - had been removed from the downloads area, and so had v 2.39, both of which had, according to the release history in SP84968, were to address the TPI issues I was seeing in the Windows Event Log.

Why were they rescinded, and am I now supposed to somehow downgrade two revs and go back to a slew of TPI errors in the event log?

1 REPLY 1
DGroves
Level 11
4,701 4,675 443 994
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sigh, if you had used the "search" box and input "z840 bios" you would have seen 2 seperate requests asking this question within the past 10 days along with a post saying read this for link to latest rereleased bios for hp systems by me

FYI, hp now has a new updated bios reissued for your model, please read this link:

There are no new messages in this topic

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05869091

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation