2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Win10 IoT to ThinPro 6.2 using HPDM

HP Recommended
HP Thin Client t630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone,

So i'm having an issue with this specific scenario. I've called HP Support several times but I recieved both answers that it "will" and "will not" work.

We have 150+ t630's with Win10 IoT already deployed. We're testing the ThinPro 6.2 and considering deployment (700mb compared to 8GB :generic: , updates, etc.) but wonder if it's possible to use HPDM to deploy ThinPro over Win10 IoT? 

Tried "Deploy an image to devices with PXE service" task but recieved error:

2018-03-05 15:47:27	[Error Details]: Deploy image with PXE service using repository Master Repository.
Failed to download TC730_LinuxImage6.2.dd.gz from /Repository/Images/HPTCImage_ThinPro6.2.
Failed to execute PXEDeploy task.
ErrorCode: 1074176, Error Info:  ..\..\Task\common\PXETask.cpp@123:	HPDM Does Not Support PXE Imaging since WES7.

The message "HPDM does not support PXE Imaging since WES7" means ThinPro6.2 > Win10 IoT is not supported? Will it ever be supported? I would rather not reimage 150+ devices by manual USB. 

Already updated HPDM to SP8, so current version is 4.7.3610.27553. 

TIA!!

-jsotomar

1 REPLY 1
Chen_HPDM
Level 7
Level 7
504 504 51 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi jsotomar,

The key is you have to first update the DM Agent on your t630 unit to SP8.  It should be 4.7.3669.27542.

We have added PXE support for Win10 IoT since 4.7 SP6. The error message you posted indicates a DM Agent prior to that version. 

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation