Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Thin Client t630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just downloaded the newest HP Image containing Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 for our HP t630 Thin Clients and tried to install the cumulative Windows Update April 2017 KB4015217:

1. Disabled write filter

2. Set windows update service to manual startup

3. Run installer for KB4015217 with success

4. Rebooted Thin Client to complete update installation. When booting up, Windows Update installation screen runs successfull up to 99%, then displays: we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes.

Eventlog shows error code 0x800F0922

Tried installing previous cumulative update KB4016635 with the same results. Never had this problem with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2015. Anyone out there with the same problems or any ideas fixing this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solution:

1. disable uwf

2. reboot

3. run Powershell Script:

Set-Service -name wuauserv -startupType manual
setx /M TEMP "C:\TEMP"
setx /M TMP "C:\TEMP"

4. Reboot

5. Install upates

6. reboot

7. run powershell script:

Set-Service -name wuauserv -startupType disabled
setx /M TEMP "Z:\TEMP"
setx /M TMP "Z:\TEMP"

8. enable uwf

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

It might be too big while unpacking in the temporary folders in the Ramdrive.

Try to change the size of the HP RamDisk under the Control Panel (or if not enough to change the TEMP Paths).

After the successful installation it is recommended to change the RamDisk back to it's default value.

I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. I both switched %TMP% and %TEMP% environment variables to C:\TEMP (exisiting folder) and tried installing again: no change - still the same error. I think the windows updates are not relying on the configured temp paths, they organize it on their own.

HP Recommended

Solution:

1. disable uwf

2. reboot

3. run Powershell Script:

Set-Service -name wuauserv -startupType manual
setx /M TEMP "C:\TEMP"
setx /M TMP "C:\TEMP"

4. Reboot

5. Install upates

6. reboot

7. run powershell script:

Set-Service -name wuauserv -startupType disabled
setx /M TEMP "Z:\TEMP"
setx /M TMP "Z:\TEMP"

8. enable uwf

HP Recommended

If ramdisk size is not enough and extra is needed, what is the recommened ramdisk size for T630 with 8GB ram?

HP Recommended

Hello, I am in the same situation.
But in the beggining all update were broken.
And I tried to delete all files in C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution  related with Window Updates and nothing.
I tried sfc /scannow and only few errors but they are not critical.
I tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
And now all update are okay without Windows 10  Enterprise 2016 LTSB Cumulative Updates...
I tried to reset Windows Updates and nothing.
I tried DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:D:\sources\install.wim  where install.wim is from this iso file 14393.0.160715-1616.RS1_RELEASE_CLIENTENTERPRISE_S_EVAL_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO.
But nothing.

I can't find a way to download Windows 10 LTSB image for HP Thin client T630?
I cant see it in Thin Update software.
I only can se Windows 10 IOT images.....
Now I download the latest Windows 10 IOT Image.

And from Microsoft I can download only 14393.0.160715-1616.RS1_RELEASE_CLIENTENTERPRISE_S_EVAL_X64FRE_EN-US But I am not sure this is my installation.

My general problem is to much RAM usage and 100% SSD ussage ..

Now I try to make from Thin Update Software  Recovery Image with Windows 10 Iot 2017 september.

And I will try to apply this image to Thin Clietn T630 .

HP Recommended

Who can explain me why from Thin Client T630 with Windows 10 2016  LTSB  from Thin Update software I can't make bootable flash drive  with image for Windows 7 32 bits ?
I successfully did the image of  Windows 10 2016  LTSB but I can't do it with Windows 7 image.

My issue is  when I try to do image  I can't take step  with formating usb flash drive, every time I get error of format process.
My flash drive from  8 GB is change  to 1GB and  I get error with format proccess .
Now the drama is with flash drive, now I can't format it to original size of 8 GB.
And I should format it with cmd:

diskpart
select disk 1
clean
active
create partition primary
assign

Only with these commands I get my flash drive back.

And now I find the way  how to do it, but I can't explain to myself why from thin client t630 I can't do it.
Now from different computer with windows 7 x86, Desktop machine different than T630 I can make bootable image, but first I download Thin Update software from hp web site for t630 windows 7 x86 and I install it to my desktop, now everything is fine.

Why it work in this way? 

HP Recommended

Now my next problem is with license, 

T630 is come to us with Windows 10 x64  LTSB 2016.

When I try to  put Windows ES7 x86 I recieve error with license, the error is like you don't have license for Windows 7.

My reasson to try WES7 is because, with Windows 10 64 2016 LTSB in task manager I see 100% HDD activities always and RAM usage is 80% or 90%, high RAM usage, and the last my reason to change OS is error with Windows 10 Cumulative Update, all other update are okay, but this Windows 10 Cumulative Update from 08.2018 1607 I can't take it....

The image in Thin Update is 16wwftcj602
The image in Thin client t630 was 16wwftej601.

HP Recommended

If you are using HP win 10 iot image ,3 things you might want to do to get the best out of it

1 turn off startcompnonetcleanup schedule task.

2 change system %temp% and %tmp% back to c:\windows\temp , this will make windows update easierto deal with

HP Recommended
Hello thank you for your answer, but now I am in other trouble.

I tried to put in T630 Linux image from HP.
And I did it successfully.

But now when I try to put back Win 10 iot 64 I can't, I get error with license...

The image in Thin Update is 16wwftcj602
The image in Thin client t630 was 16wwftej601.

I read about this error here in other discussion and there information was like if you try to put incorrect image you lost license and you need HP support to put original image, is it true I am not sure.

But I worked with correct linux image for T630 from HP.

Is it possible Linux can delete license from BIOS?

I am not sure where HP save their licenses, I think they are in Bios?

Linux only delete MBR, is it possible windows licenses can be in MBR?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.