Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z640 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Z640 workstation with 2 CPUs that is currently running Windows 10 Pro ver 1809 with no issues that I know of.

The Windows Update screen gave me the option to download and install 1909 which I did. On the final reboot of the update the system choked and displayed an error screen with the following:

930-Internal CPU Failure.

Uncore IVR Fault, Please call HP Support

930-Internal CPU Failure.

Uncore IVR Fault. Please call HP Support.

Press ENTER to continue

After pressing enter I got a screen that said it was rolling back the update followed by a reboot.  After the reboot I was back at version 1809 and everything seems fine again.

I looked at this page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05195282

which appears to show that version 1909 is supported on the Z640 so I'm not sure what's going on here.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

start by following directions, contact HP support, this error may be due to a bad cpu a non retail ES/QS CPU or a bad connection between cpu and socket the error is not a specific one but a general fault error and does not have a specific solution that i know of

also if you do determine what the error/solution is please post here what it was

HP Recommended

Doesn't really make sense that both CPUs would fail at the same time with the same error.  The fact that this happened during the Windows update process is very suspicious.

Not sure this counts as a solution but I was able to get everything working by wiping the hard drive and downloading the 1909 installation media.  I performed a complete fresh install of version 1909 and it seems to be working now.  Just hoping that when the 20xx updates come out I won't have a repeat of the same issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.