Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z800 Workstation

SPECS:

2x Xeon x5687
96GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 6000 (6GB) (PCIex16(16) [3rd PCIE]
280GB SSD No raid, no other drives.
I wanted to install a Asus sfp+    But after inserting it in (i have now tried all PCIe ports other than where the gfx card is)and starting up up, it says something about missing MBT boot device (it is absolutely not missing. and refuses to boot to OS ( i don't get that far) if i take the network card out agian,  it boots normaly. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

after many cmos clears i finaly got it to stick (boot from network option disabled)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

go into the asus cards bios and disable boot from network option, you might also want to do this for the z800 onboard nic(s)

HP Recommended

after many cmos clears i finaly got it to stick (boot from network option disabled)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.