Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hey Uberck2020,

Versions 6.4.1.25 and 6.5.1.321 work without errors. Version 6.5.2.40 gives the .NET error. Oddly, though, the same version works without problems on my i5-4300u laptop which also runs W10 Pro 2004. Go figure. 

HP Recommended

Have you tried 5.0.2.14? that seems to be the version most people are using for the z420, and indeed is what myself and Brian are using without issue. 

Anything newer than 5.0.2.14 either doesn't work correctly or doesn't run altogether (the latest release being the one that doesn't run at all on my system)

thanks,

charles

HP Recommended

Hi Charles, 
I actually tried it earlier today. It quits at the splash image after giving an error that some other performance tuning program may be running and I should close it first.

HP Recommended

That issue is resolved by installing a different version, then setting the profile to default then uninstalling doing the registry cleaning etc then re-installing, I had the exact same issues trying to install 5.0.2.14.

HP Recommended

Hey Balthxzar,

XTU 5.0.2.14 doesn't exist, 5.2.0.14 does, and I've already mentioned that that version is a no go, at least for me.

Please see the screenshot below for the versions & their results (version # right-most column):

Capture.JPG

At your convenience, can you please upgrade to v2004 and let us know the results?

Thanks Balthxzar.

"Oddly, though, the same version works without problems on my i5-4300u laptop which also runs W10 Pro 2004"

Very odd, considering that  i5-4300u was released Q3'13, just like the E5 v2. Sounds like there's hope, we just got to get this XTU software working with our C600 series chipset, that's the challenge. These processors seem to be an outlier in the current XTU-support realm.

-Christos

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I will eventually get around to installing 2004 on my PC however I am down to one system at the moment (the 2004 update completely nuked my other system forcing me to re-install it on my z620, unfortunately I do not have an unlocked V1 CPU to try in the Z620)

I apologies for the confusion, it appears dyslexia got the better of me, I am indeed on version 5.2.0.14, did you mention why that version isn't working for you? (other than being built for win7)

perhaps if Diamantiushas can get 5.2.0.14 working by clearing the config and reinstalling?

HP Recommended

To clear some things up,

My z420 has an E5-1650v2 that I have successfully overclocked on all cores using XTU 5.2.0.14 on windows 10 1903

My z620 has an E5-2690v1 that I cannot overclock due to the locked multipliers, however, XTU installs and loads fine on windows 10 version 2004

When I get the chance I will pull the drive from my z620 and try it in my z420 to see if I can overclock the E5-1650v2 with XTU 5.2.0.14 on windows 10 2004

thanks all,

Charles

HP Recommended

No problem Balthxzar, I'm not trying to be rude either, just that text doesn't convey my tone of voice that well.

Look carefully at the left column of the picture I posted, you'll see the error correlating to the version. Notice next to 5.2.0.14 I put Bluescreen, that's the error that version was having.

I believe the specific bluescreen error was an iocbios.sys error, which is related to XTU, but that's another rabbit hole I've already been down that leads no where. 

HP Recommended

Just to reiterate, I tried again with 5.2.0.14, with the proposed procedure. Same error message... 2004 broke everything 😞

HP Recommended

I am runnig latest Windows on my Z420 , Xeon e5-1680v2 (Windows version 10.0.19041.423)

XTU version 6.0.28 is working fine , I can overclock the CPU, max I could do is 4.4 Ghz @ + 203mV.

However , lately, when I shut down and restart , Windows is giving me black screen ( I have to go in safe mode, repair , and is coming up again) . So ended up to run PC without overclocking , e5-1680v2 giving at stock clocks still an outstanding performance.

In time, the overclocking performance degraded . First time I overclocked , I managed to keep it at 4.5Ghz stable with Prime95 test +240mV

rtibby_0-1598681742502.png

Z420 , e5-1680v2 , 32Gb RAM, 500Gb Samsung Evo Plus Nvme m.2 boot , Windows 10 Pro , 1Tb Samsung Evo 860 SSD, GTX 1070

HP Z420 , Xeon 1680v2 @ 4.4Hgz all cores , Noctua NH-U9DX i4 CPU cooler, custom air cooling with Fan Controller & 2 front Fans, 2 Rear Fans, 1 VRM Fan, 32Gb ECC RAM (8x4Gb) Quad Channel, 500Gb Samsung Evo Plus NVMe M.2 3500Mbs Read/Write boot device Windows 10 Pro , 1Tb SSD Samsung Evo 860 , Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 , 1.5Tb HDD
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.