Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can anyone tell me why the processor's count is different in this picture?cpuinfo.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

sorry, but again no visable picture is attached

and once more i must ask since you have not answered the question how many cores do you see in task manager

12 or 24 cores? the comment (Task manager shows all CPUs working  does not actually answer this question)

if task manager only shows 12 cores, then hyperthreading is disabled, check the bios settinges

also, if you reread my previous post on the checking the cpu SOCKET pins comment, nowhere did i tell you that the pins are on the cpu., i'm quite aware that modern cpu's only have  small flat pads for the socket pins to make contact with

last, i'm not acusing or implying that you are hiding anything rather that you are failing to provide nessary information,.... you have to keep in mind that i'm not there when you do something, and i also can;t see the hardware or software in use

as such all i can do is make suguestions based on the information you provide

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

no picture shown, and no accurate description of the problem = no usefull reply

HP Recommended

two diffrent cpu's 5690 and a 5560 i fail to understand just what you are trying to ask?!!!

the 5690 is a 6 core w/hyperthreading = 12 cpu threads in Boinc, only one CPU is installed

the 5560 is a 4 core w/hyperthreading =  8 cpu threads and since 16 threads are shown it obvously is running dual 5560's

HP Recommended
Both are six core cups with the max processor count of 24 but they don't show it but not even close either
HP Recommended
The 5690 does have two cups installed. So how do I turn the second cpu.
HP Recommended

the later HP z800 motherboards supports 

Intel® Nehalem Architecture (5500 Series Xeon)
Intel® Westmere Architecture (5600 Series Xeon)

intel begs to differ reguarding the core count, (see the links below)

https://ark.intel.com/products/52576/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5690-12M-Cache-3_46-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QP...

https://ark.intel.com/products/37109/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5560-8M-Cache-2_80-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI

HP Recommended
So the 5560 shows the right count. Why may only one cups be turned on? What do I need to do?
HP Recommended

you need to stop and think before posting, you current posts lack nessary information.

please before posting any further posts, take the time to treat a post on this forum as a letter, and as such it needs to contain a description of your hardware, and the question/problem you want answered

your post i have windows 10, great but WHICH VERSION?  Home or Professional  (again,... details count!)

Home is limited to only One CPU Professional will support Dual CPU's

HP Recommended
It is Windows 10 pro and being a brand new build. Has 96 gig of ram, 1100 watt power supply, high end HP CPU coolers. Bios is up to date from HP. Would like to see the 24 processors running in this seti program.
HP Recommended

enter the bios, and see if it sees 2 cpu's if not then  power off and carefully remove the second cpu and inspect the socket pins if any are bent, i recomend you not try to fix them, instead find a local shop who is willing to try

note that the pin one gold triangle mark on the cpu will match up with a mark on the cpu socket/motherboard if you are unsure let us know

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.