1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Xw6600 psu pinot

HP Recommended
Xw6600
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hello,

I've started a project and in using a xw6600 motherboard and I need to find out the pinout for the motherboard as I have read that a standard ATX psu needs to be modified to work.
If anyone can help as I don't want to scrap the project.
1 REPLY 1
SDH
Level 10
2,327 2,277 218 675
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Use the top left forum search bar and search for "pinout".  It won't take long to realize that you might want to just buy a used real one off eBay by searching for its part number:

Spares P/N 442036-001 is the same exact thing as the Assembly P/N 440859-001... you can search under both numbers.

About $50.00 USD, including shipping.

An added resource you might want is to search google for "xw6600 spare parts".  That HP page has accurate part numbers straight from the source.

The xw6600 is still an excellent workstation and the one I'd advise getting now instead of a xw6400..... you may wish to upgrade it to two of the fastest quad cores HP certified for it, the E5450, sSpec SLBBM, about $16.00 each from eBay.  That processor had an older version, sSpec code SLANQ, but don't get that one.  The SLBBM has upgrades built in by Intel that you'd want instead, so go search eBay for SLBBM.

If, instead, you needed less cores and more GHz you could go for two dual core X5270 processors, which run at 3.5GHz in contrast to the E5450 SLBBM, which runs at 3.00 GHz.  I've built both, and I can't really tell the difference.  The X5270 has only 1 sSpec code, SLBAQ.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation