Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pro Book 455 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, after the update to Win10 64bit 1803 I received the following error message:

Your security chip (TPM) requires a firmware update

Delete TPM is under it. But you should save data before. I would not like to shoot my Windows installation.

This link was displayed with the following message: In google enter "windows-10-update-security-processor-tpm-firmware # firmwareupdates".

I have already looked in the HP Softpaq. It's not about TPM update. I have installed this: sp81900.exe
and this: sp82133.exe
The second one only changes: status to: verification non supported(from supported). What now? Is the notebook now more vulnerable? thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

TPM v1.2 was used up till windows 10  which requires v2.0

Trusted Platform Management (TPM) is used for things like disk encryption (bitlocker) using hardware rather than software to encrypt the disk which is more secure

your HP Pro Book 455 G4 has a TPN chip on the motherboard which is currently at v1.2, windows 10 sees this and is notifying you to update the TPM firmware to v2.0 in order to use the tpm features (which is optional and not required)

your HP Pro Book 455 G4 does support updating to TPM 2.0

1. make sure the bios is the latest release!! if you try to update TPM with a older bios you will have problems!!

latest bios is  01.12 Rev.A  (sp87044.exe)

Use the HPBIOSUPDREC Utility to update the BIOS directly in a Microsoft Windows Operating System environment.

2. To avoid a complete loss of data, the drive must be fully decrypted before using the utility. Merely suspending BitLocker is not good enough.

3. run the tpm firmware updater from sp81900 (TPMConfig64.exe for 64-bit OS ) it will auto detect the current version and give you the option to update to the latest  1.2 or update from 1.2 to 2.0 you must select update 2.0, else it simply stays at the latest 1.2 release

please read the links below

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05381064

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81900.html

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

TPM v1.2 was used up till windows 10  which requires v2.0

Trusted Platform Management (TPM) is used for things like disk encryption (bitlocker) using hardware rather than software to encrypt the disk which is more secure

your HP Pro Book 455 G4 has a TPN chip on the motherboard which is currently at v1.2, windows 10 sees this and is notifying you to update the TPM firmware to v2.0 in order to use the tpm features (which is optional and not required)

your HP Pro Book 455 G4 does support updating to TPM 2.0

1. make sure the bios is the latest release!! if you try to update TPM with a older bios you will have problems!!

latest bios is  01.12 Rev.A  (sp87044.exe)

Use the HPBIOSUPDREC Utility to update the BIOS directly in a Microsoft Windows Operating System environment.

2. To avoid a complete loss of data, the drive must be fully decrypted before using the utility. Merely suspending BitLocker is not good enough.

3. run the tpm firmware updater from sp81900 (TPMConfig64.exe for 64-bit OS ) it will auto detect the current version and give you the option to update to the latest  1.2 or update from 1.2 to 2.0 you must select update 2.0, else it simply stays at the latest 1.2 release

please read the links below

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05381064

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81900.html

HP Recommended

thank you, how can i test if my drive is fully decrypted?

HP Recommended

After installation from: TPM20_7.61.2785.0_to_TPM20_7.62.3126.0.BIN

do i have to install: TPM20_7.62.3126.0_to_TPM12_6.43.243.0.BIN ?

HP Recommended

if you think about this you will have your answer!!  (hint....each update fixes bugs, and closes off security holes)

HP Recommended

Thank you, have you read the numer?

TPM20_7.62.3126.0_to_TPM12_6.43.243.0.BIN ?

TPM12 is lower then TPM20. So it´s a converter.

HP Recommended

sorry, i  did not make clear that you want to have the latest revision of the TPM series  firmware branch that matches the OS you will be using

as i stated previously  ver 1.2 branch  is for XP-Win 8 os's and v2.0 branch  is for win 10 

you want the latest firmware for whichever branch you are using as it fixes security issues and firmware bugs

you are correct that your firmware is now at the latest v2.0 build and since you are on win 10 you do not want to install the v1.2 build unless you plan on using a previous OS

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.