Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z-Station 220SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While upgrading a Z220SFF for a client, I notice the machine issues four equal BEEPS seconds AFTER power is removed. I can't find anything about this phenomenon in the HP literature. Would you point me in the right direction? Much obliged.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

if you are removing power by other means than a windows shutdown cmd the beeping is normal as you are suddenly causing a power input loss and the power supply's capacitors are draining down attempting to cover for the power loss and the supply and the motherboard are detecting this sudden power loss and reporting it via the beeping

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

if you are removing power by other means than a windows shutdown cmd the beeping is normal as you are suddenly causing a power input loss and the power supply's capacitors are draining down attempting to cover for the power loss and the supply and the motherboard are detecting this sudden power loss and reporting it via the beeping

HP Recommended

Thank you, this makes sense. I just hadn't had this before with any of the HP desktops and workstations I worked on. 

HP Recommended

surely never pull  the line AC cord to power down ever..

and don't call me Shirley., sure;🤗

use the task bar, click shut down. (press left win key)?

just like on all PCs made.

if you do that wrong you will lose DATA.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.