Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z1 workstation (CZC2249XBC)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The right part of my display is darker than the left.

Screen graphics is stil OK. 

Attached second HP Display E272q is also OK.

so probably no NVIDIA problems

Backlight issue?

:Crying:

Has anyone made repairs on backlights or backlight inverter to overcome this issue?

Report or other help is welcome, as Z1 Gen 1 and Gen2 are one of the best AiO, you can have.

I am sorry, that they stop this wonderful mechanic line, as Gen 3 is no longer afollow-up. It has just the name.

Greetings

swunited

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

These systems should come with a 3 year onsite warranty. you may want to check if the warranty is still active

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

As it is a Z1 from generation 1, there is no longer a warranty on it.

That is the bad part of it.

Nevertheless it is still running fine. Just the screen is darker on the right corner.

So it should be something with the backlight itself or with the electronic part (inverter) feeding the bachlight.

So I would need those part no., to buy it and exchange it.

Thanks for your answer anyway

Stefan

HP Recommended

I doubt it's the inverter if only one side or corner is darker than the rest of the screen as a failing inverter will cause the whole screen to have issues

however a bad led (if your display uses Led's for backlighting) or  a failing/degraded ccfl  tube on the screen itself will cause brightness/dim displays in only a portion of the display

the quickest fix is to replace the screen, which will have the backlight as part of the screen

trying to replace only the backlight is not reconended as it requires special tools and can damage the existing screen beyound repair and also cause a real issue of you cutting yourself on the glass if you slip/make the wrong move!!

HP Recommended

"the quickest fix is to replace the screen," for2.300 € if a part for some dollars doesn´t work. That´s no good solution and the problem have a lot of user.

HP Recommended

fyi, here on planet earth a replacement screen is about 70.00 USD not your 2/300 pounds  (300 to 440.00 dollars)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.