40 29 3 2
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Z2 G5 Legacy Support

HP Recommended
Z2 G5
Linux

Hi,

We have a bunch of Z2 Mini G5's and are looking to enable legacy boot to work with our linux PXE boot setup. I have looked all over the bios and cannot find any place to enable legacy boot, where would i do that ?

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,937 124,293 20,675 31,761
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Looking at the service manual, chapter 6 starting on page 68 - 69, I do not see that a legacy boot option is available.

Maintenance and Service Guide (hp.com)

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
CInjin
Author
Level 3
40 29 3 2
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But this was working for the Z2 Mini G4's we have. Why would the remove it for the G5's ? Can we update the G5 bios's with the G4 files ?

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,937 124,293 20,675 31,761
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a peer to peer forum.  We don't work for or represent HP.

I recommend that you contact HP support and see if there is anything they can do to help.

Contact HP | HP® Canada

I doubt they can, based on the info I provided.

You would not be able to use BIOS files from the G4.

As new model PC's are rolled out, fewer and fewer of them have the legacy boot option anymore.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation