Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

It does sound like the ME part of your BIOS is corrupt exactly like mine was.

Your best bet is to follow the advise I received an create a post on win-raid like I did.  The guys there are really good.  I think they'll help you get your laptop up and running again without too much trouble.

Before you make any changes, make a note of things like your mac address, guid, serial number etc.  ...anything that uniquely identifies your laptop in the bios.  You may need to  reenter these unique details into your repaired bios later.

HP Recommended

Thank you LWoody7110. You were correct. I was able to repair the ME region firmware using the guides and tools available from the Win-Raid site. It turns out that I wasn't able to unlock the BIOS but it must have been ok. Here is a link to the post which may help others with the same problem. It took a while because I wasn't familiar with how to do a lot of the steps and had to learn as I went along.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.