Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-16-2018 07:59 PM
I do not see an option for a BIOS update for Windows 10. Does anyone know if the file sp84727 for Windows 7 (64 bit) will work? My current BIOS version is HP J51 v01.18 8/11/2011.
06-16-2018 08:22 PM
@davidpharley, welcome to the forum.
HP is not furnishing Win 10 drivers for any computer made before 2013. If the SP file is not for Win 10 I don't recommend using it. Installing an incorrect BIOS update can do much harm.
I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
06-17-2018 06:45 AM
you can use this bios but i recomend you do not use the "update within windows " option
reun the service pack to extract the files (or us winzip/winrar to extract
then either create a bootable usb key
or use the update bios from within the computers bios options (if available)
the bios image you want for flashing using the above two methods is located within the "DOS" folder of the extracted service pack
Note: i have referenced the win 7 32 bit driver page's sp,... but the DOS install files are the same for 30 or 64 bit, only the flash within windows application is diffrent
note you will need two updates one for the bios sp84727.exe
Updates Intel processor microcode to 0x2D.
• Includes enhancement to address CVE-2017-5715. (SPECTRE Fix)
• Improves security of UEFI code and variables.
• HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version.
SPECIAL NOTE: When updating to this BIOS version from a BIOS prior to v1.20, you must Apply Defaults or clear CMOS for the USB hard drive placeholder in the F9-Boot Menu to properly initialize.
and one for the AMT firmware (sp63306.exe)
One of two methods for updating the ME firmware may be chosen.Included in this package are the following methods:
- The DOS utility updates the Intel ME firmware for the localmachine in a DOS environment, and also verifies that the firmwarehas been updated.
- The Microsoft Windows utility updates the Intel ME firmware ofthe local machine in a Microsoft Windows environment, and alsoverifies that the firmware has been updated.
he following fixes have been applied to version 126.96.36.1998:
- Eliminates Intel ME event log writes when Intel AMT isun-provisioned.
- Fixes an issue where a TLS session can't be established whenusing TLS 1.1 version.
- Fixes a moderate level security issue where Intel ME FW mayaccept client certificate with unauthorized x509v3 certificatesubject name suffix When configured in TLS Mutual Authenticationmode.
- Fixes an issue where opening a KVM session after disablingSecIOService opens a session for ~40 seconds without indication tothe user.
- Fixes a high level security issue where an unauthenticatedattacker could send malformed ICMPv6 packets to Intel AMT andpotentially cause a temporary denial of service condition of IntelAMT.
- fixes an issue where Intel ME wakes unexpectedly from Moff afterapproximately 10 seconds.
- Fixes an issue where Intel ME enters recovery mode when runningwarm reset cycles.
- Fixes an issue where the system hangs in host OS after S3resume.
The following fixes have been applied to version 188.8.131.526:
- Fixes an issue when using PAVP-enabled media (Blu-ray,IntelÂ® WiDi, IntelÂ®Insiderâ„¢, etc.)
- Fixes an issue which prevented provisioning (enabling) of theIntelÂ® Identity Protection Technology (IntelÂ®IPT) feature.
The following fixes have been applied to version 184.108.40.2069:
- Fixes security issues where an unauthenticated remote attackercould exploit memory boundary errors which could lead to a MEfirmware reset and possibly arbitrary code execution.
- Fixes a security issue where an unauthenticated remote attackercould trigger ME firmware reset as a result of a malicious networkpacket.
- Fixes a security issue where an unauthenticated remote attackercould exploit a ME firmware memory leak issue to triggerDenial-of-Service (DoS).
- Fixes the ability to change the COM port in serial-over-LAN(SOL).
- Fixes several reliability issues in the ME kernel.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community