Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z230 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I am imaging a lab of SFF Z230's with Windows 10 N. Driver packs have been updated to the latest provided by HP, however I am having issues with any external USB connections, and will get an "access denied" on the external devices. All of the external devices work on other types of laptops and desktops and will occasionally work with the imaged workstation. I have tried giving permissions in registry to the USB,  specifically this path: Computer\HKEY_Local_Machine\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ENUM\USB.

The permissions are given to allow "everyone" and to Include Inheritable permissions from this objects parent.

I have also made adjustments in gpedit for Removable Storage Access to allow anyone to read/write to all removable storage classes. When plugging in any USB device, an audible connection is always heard, however not always allowed. Occasionally, some USB devices will need to be safely removed from the printers and devices location because the ease of taskbar removal is not available or does not work properly. This too is an occasional occurrence as well.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

it's mostly a config option you have selected

how are you installing the drivers?

and can you point to the driver pack being used and the build of the win 10 (1809 1903 or whatever you are using)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.