cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
21 14 1 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Z240 wont start. LED light (white) bliinks twice every 2 seconds and never stops

HP Recommended
z240 tower workstation T9U04PA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed Creative SoundBlaster AE-5 and the system worked fine.  Changed the speakers and as I was plugging in the new speakers, the system froze -- at least 2 of the 3 monitors did. The third monitor was still active and I forced the system to shutdown by pressing the power button > 3 seconds. It didn't work. I then unplugged the power cord from the PSU. Waited a few minutes before restarting.  Nothing happened when I plugged back the cord and powered on the system, I then did the routine investigation and unplugged/removed all peripherals and retried, nothing.  I then unplugged all power to the system board and plug back in, the PSU fan started.  unplugged power and re-plug PSU to the system board. nothing.

Noticed the LED light in front (removed the cover) was blinking 2x every 2 seconds and all the time, the cooler fan of the CPU, the case would twitch.  It seems the PSU is fine, the system board is telling me its a minor problem BUT how do I overcome it? There must be a way to tell the diagnostic system of POST process to continue.  Please advise. Thanks

I just did not renew my HP warranty cover (expired  last Dec 2019) due to the pandemic early this year (until now). Now I'm stuffed.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation