Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Greetings forum.

After installing and activating W10 Pro X64, Microsoft kindly supplied a large amount of updates including the latest HP BIOS. Having installed HP Support assistant, it also provided some updates, amongst them the "Intel Management Engine" software that fails to install.  Other software components like IME WMI provider and several others modules listed under "software components"  installs without any problem. Everything checks out OK in the Device Manager tree. No "dangs". No "Unknown devices". BUT: HP Support assistant continues to remind me of the Management software which repeatedly fails to install.

Is there any log that details why this component does not install? I cannot see any dependencies that are needed, nor can the support assistant. The chat function ends up in a loop. Any BIOS setting that should be changed that will make the support agent stop the attempts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

None of my HP PC's have driver downloads pending but in the HPSA settings menu you should be able to set it to notify you of updates but not install them.

If you do that, the driver update should appear as a notification, and there should be a trash can icon to delete it.

Then it won't show up again.

I never set the HPSA to automatically download and install updates which I believe is the default setting.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What I do when that happens to me is to delete the update from the HP Support assistant, so it does not try and reinstall.

It may be trying to install an older version of the IMEI driver.

This is the latest driver on your PC's support page.

2238.3.31.0    Oct 7, 2022

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp143001-143500/sp143014.exe 

HP Recommended

That version is the one the support assistant downloads and tries/fails to install.

If I can find out how to make assistant omit it, I will do that.

However - It keeps downloading it and the result is the same every time...

I can of course uninstall the assistant alltogether and hope that a future reinstall of a newer version will have solved the issue.

HP Recommended

None of my HP PC's have driver downloads pending but in the HPSA settings menu you should be able to set it to notify you of updates but not install them.

If you do that, the driver update should appear as a notification, and there should be a trash can icon to delete it.

Then it won't show up again.

I never set the HPSA to automatically download and install updates which I believe is the default setting.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.