Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z4 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've bought Z4 G4 to replace my Z420 that's blue screening. I've got a Nvidia GeForce GT640 card spare and

had hoped to use it in the new workstation. Switch it on and I get 3 white and 3 red lights with beeps. I took it out and tried

to boot with no card, does the same thing. Is it the computer or the card?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the GT640 card is not fully UEFI compatible, you should try/use a newer card that does support UEFI such as the nvidia 1030-1060 cards or other 10xx /20xx/30xx models

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

the GT640 card is not fully UEFI compatible, you should try/use a newer card that does support UEFI such as the nvidia 1030-1060 cards or other 10xx /20xx/30xx models

HP Recommended

Many thanks for the reply. My only concern is that the machine doesn't boot even without a card.  

HP Recommended

that is normal, the system detects no video and gives a error, you should try reading the user manual which covers things like this

HP Recommended

Thank you but it was technical support that told me to remove the card and turn it back on. I then reported back the result. I have ordered a new graphics card. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance. I bought a new card and the machine is working perfectly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.