Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bluetooth turned on, Bose wearable speaker pairs, but sound continues out of display (Realtek) speakers. Sound output does not have Bose as a choice, only the Realtek speakers.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

There is no Bluetooth chipset on the Z420/Z620/Z820 motherboards.  If there is no added-on Bluetooth hardware then it is not a surprise you get no Bluetooth signal out of your Z420.

If you or a prior owner did add some form of Bluetooth hardware then you need to install the proper drivers for that.  For example, there have been some HP NIC cards that included Bluetooth send/receive capabilities.  Got one one of those?  If so, what one?

HP Recommended

I have a Bluetooth USB dongle that the speakers DO pair with. Bluetooth also shows in the Device manager.

HP Recommended

I have a Bluetooth USB dongle that the speakers DO pair with. Bluetooth also shows in the Device manager.

HP Recommended

Hi Z420,

I realize this reply is a little late, but if the USB bluetooth device is available in the device manager, but not visible as an audio output, e.g.

sound source.JPG

then it looks as if you have a missing audio driver. i.e. Windows recognises it as bluetooth device, but not as an audio device. (I assume the bluetooth device is not listed under Audio Devices in Device Manager).e.g.

USB Audio.JPG

As you can see, my external USB audio interface appears in both the USB devices and Audio devices categories.

All bluetooth devices are multi-functional, and therefor require multiple mini-drivers to communicate with the different hardware on your system. Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your bluetooth audio device, and performed a clean install? i.e. completely un-installed the original drivers and software in the Control Panel first. Have you you tried both the USB2 and USB3 ports?

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.