cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
24 20 1 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Z420 sleep state problem

HP Recommended
z420
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, recently i bought z420 motherboard with 1650v2 and 32gb ram. My problem is when i put my z420 to sleep state first it seems fine. But when i need to power on system, it is show that system was powered off in not right way, and give options like "Safe Mode", etc...

I tried reinstall windows - this not helped. Also i tried install win10 - there sleep state works. But when i power on system, i see hp logo, bios boot loading deley around 10 seconds i think((. In my previous computer it is take 1-2 seconds to see fully worked system from sleep state.

I wonder how can i fix sleep state in windows 7, and are there posibilities to increase speed to power on from sleep state?

Maybe i need some specific drivers and bios settings or regedit moding? But by my self i can't find solution even after a day of searching(( So  I'll be very grateful for advices.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
24 20 1 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I found solution for my problem, it was power supply. In power saving circuit there was bad capacitor and issue was fixed by replacing it.

I figure it out because after i post this thread i found that sleep state working fine with 1 and 2 ram sticks and doesn't work with 3 and 4 sticks. So i thought PS have not enought power for all ram sticks and i was right.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation