Valra_Bellkeys
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Z420 takes WAY too long to boot.

HP Recommended
HP Z420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I run an HP Z420(E5 1607 V2, Quadro K4000, 32gb DDR3  1600mhz, boots from  256GB SSD, and has 2 1TB drives for Mass storage).

Today when I went to turn on my system, it got through the bootup screen as usual, and I can still access bios BIOS and boot options. However, once it gets past that, I simply get a blinking white line at the top left corner of the screen. It stays like that for about 5 minutes, in which the Windows 10 logo, in which it sits for another 8 or so minutes until it FINALLY gets into windows.

There is an existing issue already where if the machine is hard turned off with the button or power supply is unplugged, it loses it's boot order which I promptly fix in BIOS. I believe that to be an issue of the onboard battery, but I haven't had the chance to fix that yet. However, I am unsure if this new issue is a sprout of the one I just described.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation