Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Workstation Z420
Linux

I have HP Z420 workstation with Quadro K4000 card and would like to add aditional card for instance Quadro 2000 or Quadro K2000.

Could anybdody tell me if this is possible?

I know that I can't put another K4000 but have seen compatibility chart that says it is possible to use 2x 2000 series.

I would like to connect 4 screens 

Regards 

Piotr

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You just have to add up the highest wattage that your workstation allows for two cards.  For W7Pro64 you can have 2 quadro cards of different generations (for example, we run K2000 and Quadro 2000D).  Or Quadro 2000 and Quadro 2000D.  Or K2000D and K2200.

Those last two are exampes of what will run well under W10Pro64... the first example will not work because MS insists on upgrading the drivers to the highest level card (the K2000) and the Quadro 2000D is unhappy.

The second goes in the bottom PCIe x16 slot.

The top card is the primary card, and the bottom port (nearest the motherboard) is the primary port.  The monitor attached to that will be your boot screen and show BIOS.  For our purposes if there is a Quadro card with a DVI and two DP ports we use the DVI and the next up DP port via a DVI to DP HP adapter (BizLink type from HP).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You just have to add up the highest wattage that your workstation allows for two cards.  For W7Pro64 you can have 2 quadro cards of different generations (for example, we run K2000 and Quadro 2000D).  Or Quadro 2000 and Quadro 2000D.  Or K2000D and K2200.

Those last two are exampes of what will run well under W10Pro64... the first example will not work because MS insists on upgrading the drivers to the highest level card (the K2000) and the Quadro 2000D is unhappy.

The second goes in the bottom PCIe x16 slot.

The top card is the primary card, and the bottom port (nearest the motherboard) is the primary port.  The monitor attached to that will be your boot screen and show BIOS.  For our purposes if there is a Quadro card with a DVI and two DP ports we use the DVI and the next up DP port via a DVI to DP HP adapter (BizLink type from HP).

HP Recommended

I have now on my workstation configuration 2 displays @ K4000 & 2 displays @ 2000.
I'm running Ubuntu 17.10 with Nvidia drivers 390.
I have desktop over two screens connected to K4000, but two displays connected to 2000 shows black background and X sign when I move coursor to this displays.

Could anybody share xorg.conf file to have 4 screens operational ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.