Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Workstation Z440
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

Is it possible to put a GTX 1080ti in a Z440 workstation?

I know the recommanded GPU cards are from the Quadro series, but i would like to use a 1080ti.

could someone please help me out :)??

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jesseroet wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to put a GTX 1080ti in a Z440 workstation?

I know the recommanded GPU cards are from the Quadro series, but i would like to use a 1080ti.

could someone please help me out :)??

Thanks!

Your only consideration is the power supply:

- if you have the 700W PSU then you are good to go . You may need to buy a 6 to 8 pin power adapter since AFAIK the 1080Ti usually has 8+6 pin connectors and that PSU has 2x 6 pin.  The manual also lists that the PSU is rated up to 225W for the graphics card.

- for the 525W PSU the main problem is lack of any power connectors for videoards. There are no doubt various adapters etc. which one can get, but personally I would not go down this route especially with a powerful card such as the 1080TI.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response!

I have to say, i already found this info you are talking about.I have to keep the fact about the PSU in mind.

One more thing i was actually worried about;

Does the Z440 motherboard/BIOS or other parts withhold us from using the 1080ti? Like, I wouldn't be suprised if there is a BIOS limitation build in that only accepts Quadro (and AMD equivalent) even if hardware specs allow it...

Someone knows? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.