Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought a Z440 and upgraded the CPU to E5-2670v3. The Z440 has separated PCIe Raid controller LSI 9217 and is set to boot from it. I don't need this hardware since I'm a home user and decided to get rid of it. But the system won't boot if I connect the SSD to the mainboard SATA controller. The system does boot from Windows installation USB stick and starts installing on SSD, but after restart, It doesn't boot from SSD.

The boot time is awfull long with the LSI 9217 because it loads a bios into the bios.

What can I do to make the Z440 boot normaly without the PCIe Raid controller? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

windows 10 has native SSD support, so if the ssd drive is connected to the motherboards two SATA 6GBps ports and not the four SCU ports it should install win 10 and boot normally

the z440 bios should also be set for Raid+AHCI and be the first device in the Boot order you can do a CMOS reset to restore factory defaults

i recomend you download and read the z440 service manual (google for it)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

windows 10 has native SSD support, so if the ssd drive is connected to the motherboards two SATA 6GBps ports and not the four SCU ports it should install win 10 and boot normally

the z440 bios should also be set for Raid+AHCI and be the first device in the Boot order you can do a CMOS reset to restore factory defaults

i recomend you download and read the z440 service manual (google for it)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.