Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Great! Thanks!

Will try to get a 2 x SATA -> 6-pin-adapter and see if that gets the job done. I am really happy with the card and have not had any heat problems so far, have heard that EVGA had some problems with cooling of their cards, so new firmware made the cards really noisy. Not sure if that has been solved in later versions. 

Will stick with my ASUS version for now.

I just made a (quite nasty) hack here and powered the second connector of the 1080 with a second power supply I had around. This solved the problem of system stability, but made my nice server look like Frankenstein's monster... 

Will test your cable solution, if that works, it is by far the nicest solution. 

Many thanks for your help - I really appreciate it!

HP Recommended

here's another solution

pciey.jpg

HP Recommended

Have tried it (and several alternative solutions) and my power hungry 1080 makes the system reboot whenever the GPU starts running heavier graphics / computations.

Currently I don't have a work around, except my twin-PSU setup that looks pretty McGuyver-like...

Seems like the PSU power rails can't cope with the amps needed. Too bad, I would really like to make it work in a stable way with the 650W internal PSU.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.