Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

That comes strictly by looking at benchmarcks and compare the CPU instructions each CPU has. Looks like there is a lot to research given the fact that the Xeons are dedicate to particular work and the I7s and the more commercial ones are all-rounders. kind of. 

HP Recommended

Yes, and a good question that is. The newer CPUs seem to have become even more complex than before, so I would expect a big improvement between a X56xx and any newer, 7th and 8th generation CPU at a similar clock, but in the end I think the gaming experience counts more. I still think you can do decent gaming on a Z600 with X5672 for example.

But also keep in mind that "modern" systems also transitioned to the faster DDR4 memory. Most of the cheaper motherboards only have 2 channels of RAM, so from the start those do not take advantage of the higher bandwitdh, like the Z600 in 3 channel configuration does. But there should still be a notable difference.

HP Recommended

I have taken the plunge and upgraded my main SSD storage with a Kingston 480 Gb from a 3 year old Corsair of 240 Gb and also from 24 Gb to...  48 Gb 6x8Gb 1333 Mhz 🙂

As soon as they arrive I will report back... :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

Happy to report back on the 48 Gb upgrade. It worked like a charm!IMG_20190313_181942.jpg

Next will be a Kingston A400 - 480 Gb as my main (hopefully today) ...but also sadly today I have found out to my absolute dismay about NVMe's and PCIe...adaptors and i'm absolutely gutted. Why have a 15 seconds boot time when you can have a 7 seconds one... 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I've learned to live with it. The disapointment, that is...

The best way of handeling it is to see the restrictions as a good thing.

With restrictions, you always know where the upper limit is. You don't have to wait for the next best thing to arrive. The best you can install is allready out there. Often to a reduced price, at that. 🙂

Hiatus

HP Recommended

yo,z600 ram upgrade!

https://youtu.be/fbpraeFzUqA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.