Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Scott,

Thanks again for your time and expertise.

Loading up the CPU with some video rendering and monitoring program  'Core Temp' shows max core temp reached of 71C against a Tj. Max listed of 96C so I believe I'm OK with current heatsink.

I'll get some watch lists set up on e-Bay and see if I can source 2nd CPU/Heatsink/Memory for agreeable prices.

Regards

Pete

HP Recommended

could you give an update on how well the second cpu performed compared to single cpu config?

also, how do you tolerate the sata 2.0 speeds with SSDs -I'm seeing you're doing video editing- ?

thanks in advance

HP Recommended

I think :

Your Based system bios is B3 - 01/30/09 date, support quadcore only.

IF upgrade Based system bios to C2 - 01/07/10 date will support to hexacore. May be!

HOW CAN I DO IT ?

PLEASE !!

HP Recommended

Just support Quad core CPUs. Not supprt Hexa core CPUs. Need update bios to version C2

HP Recommended

Dear SDH,

How can I upgrade bios (Z600) from B3 based system 01/30/09 date to C2 based system 01/07/10.

Help me!

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi Vietthai,

Did you find a solution for upgrading BIOS (z600) to "C2 bases system 01/07/10" ?

I have the same problem but with RAM memory upgrade (up to 48GB).

Thanks,

Boris

HP Recommended

Guys.... it is not possible, for all practical purposes.  There might be some strange rare and risky approach of unsoldering a chip and soldering in a new chip..... and ruin your motherboard.

If you have a Version 1 motherboard with the earlier boot block date then just max that out and be happy, with 1 or 2 processors that were the fastest for that era.

If you must have a Version 2 motherboard you can find those used off eBay and take a day and swap it in to your original box, and upgrade processors.

My advice is this:  Find a single processor Z600 Version 2 workstation on eBay that is running the dog-slow lowest performing processor and buy it cheap.  Then, get two of the fastest (or better yet, next to the fastest if budget is limited) used processors off eBay.  Get 6x2GB sticks (or if you really, truly, need it 6x4GB sticks) of memory, and a good used Intel 320 series 300GB SSD and build up a W7Pro64 box.

You will be very happy......

HP Recommended
Hi Boris
Like SDH answer, can't upgrade ver1 to ver2. So, find a ver2 motherboard on eBay or another website to use.

Vietthai.
HP Recommended
Many thanks SDH.
I drop used ver2 motherboard on eBay as#640480-003, hope it.

Many thanks again.
HP Recommended

I am disappointed that it can not be updated.

Many thanks to all for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.