Did you mean: 
Pranja
Level 2
25 22 0 5
Message 11 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z600 lowering temps

Power consumption depends abount the configuration, but with dual 95W CPU's, one GPU with 6 pin connector, all DIMM slots full and few drives should't be above 400W at max load.

0 Kudos
miguelm227
Level 1
12 12 0 0
Message 12 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z600 lowering temps

I love it, good job.

What graphics card is it??

0 Kudos
Pranja
Level 2
25 22 0 5
Message 13 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z600 lowering temps

It is GTX660, but I will replace it soon with either GtX1060 or RX480.
0 Kudos
miguelm227
Level 1
12 12 0 0
Message 14 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z600 lowering temps

And you did not have any problem with the power cables of the graphics card?

The power supply only has a connector for 6-pin graphic cards 😞

0 Kudos
Pranja
Level 2
25 22 0 5
Message 15 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z600 lowering temps

My GTX660 has only one 6 pin connector so it is not a problem. GTX1060 and RX480 also require only one 6pin cable. 

0 Kudos
Pranja
Level 2
25 22 0 5
Message 16 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z600 lowering temps

This is my last upgrade of Z600.  

I found this neat bracket for SSD on Aliexpress. It gives one free HDD slot in Z600. 🙂

0 Kudos
Tom_Galenson
Level 2
30 24 1 1
Message 17 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z600 lowering temps

@Pranja wrote:

I also found gread air cooler for Z600- Dynatron G-17. It can fit and is not expensive as HP performance cooler. And it probably cools better. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a 4 wire or 5 wire cooler?  eg. Will it plug directly on the motherboard or do I have to do surgery?

My newly maxed out Z-600 is running way to hot for me to be happy and I am reluctant to do a LCS so I am very interested in this upgrade.

Tom 

///
"Without [public] Data, you are just another person with an Opinion." W. Edward Demings, Data Scientist
---
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts." Senator and Professor Patrick Moynihan
---
0 Kudos
Tom_Galenson
Level 2
30 24 1 1
Message 18 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z600 lowering temps

@Pranja wrote:

My GTX660 has only one 6 pin connector so it is not a problem. GTX1060 and RX480 also require only one 6pin cable. 

You can actually run two Gtx 1060's on your Z600 by using the "leftover" Sata and Mobex connectors into a 6 pin cable for the 2nd gpu.

Its been running for two days now.  Gpu and power lead wires are not getting hot (or even warm).

Tom

///
"Without [public] Data, you are just another person with an Opinion." W. Edward Demings, Data Scientist
---
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts." Senator and Professor Patrick Moynihan
---
0 Kudos
Pranja
Level 2
25 22 0 5
Message 19 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z600 lowering temps

It is 4pin cooler. No, you don't have to do anything, it fit as is.

What's the point of having two GTX 1060 when they don't support SLI? Only GPUs from 10xx line that support SLI are GTX 1070,1080 and 1080 Ti. Actually, HP Z600 MBO doesn't support SLI either. And there is a good reason why Z600 PSU doesn't have more PCIe power connetors. It has really bad cooling. Even my GTX660 caused PSU to make too much heat inside the case. That will be solved when I make few holes and install two slim 100 mm fans on the unit.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tom_Galenson
Level 2
30 24 1 1
Message 20 of 23
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Z600 lowering temps

@Pranja wrote:
It is 4pin cooler. No, you don't have to do anything, it fit as is.

What's the point of having two GTX 1060 when they don't support SLI? 

I'm not a gamer so I don't care about SLI.  I use the gpus for intense parallel calculations as part of the BOINC distributed processing network.  I help with astronomical searchs and various kinds of medical/biological modeling.

I'm confused.  I just got a 4 pin cooler and it doesn't "fit as it is".  Can you find/send me a picture of the power plug? Did you have to do any surgery?  

The one I have I would have to slice some plastic off of it.  Unfortunately it turned out to be too tall 😞  That is why I am interested in your recommendation.

Thank you,

Tom

///
---
---
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation