Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I've Quadro-600 installed on HP Z620 Workstation running Windows 10(64-bit). I've 2x2K monitors connected to the DVI and DP ports. I've also have 375.86 nvidia driver installed on.
Problem I've is that If I turn of the monitor and turn it back on and reboot the workstation, which is connected via DVI-DP cable (VisionTek DVI to DisplayPort Active Cable), it just won't work.. i.e. no signal until I hard power reset the workstation. No issue with the other monitor connected via DP port via DP -Mini DP cable.

Any idea what could be the cause of the trouble?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've replaced the card with NVS 510 and it's been working fine.   No video port converter anymore.. all DP ports and I can connect 2 more monitors if required. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

since you have a quadro card, the issue most likely is not with it or the video drivers, however i still recommend the latest quadro 600 driver from nvidia

if using win 10 v2004, there might be a bug in it as it's new release, so check the  video settings

are you using the monitors as  a extended display or two seperate displays?

multi monitor support can be tricky due to some display makers playing fast and loose with the display standards this is why higher end displays will state the the display revisions they support and also test that HDMI/DVI/Display ports work as expected

i've seen many a low end display that required a specific display port be the active one and if one of the other ones were used the display would fail to function, or only function if the display was powered off and on, and sometimes the secondary display device also had to be powered off

rarely, will using a adapter,  to convert the video connector cause issues but i've seen this also a few times so consider trying a video setup that does not use them (IE- a cable from the video card "DVI" to the monitors DVI port)

all you can do is try different combinations, testing each display as the primary and which port to use

HP Recommended

I suspect it is the DVI port on the card. I'm going to replace Quadro 600 with  NVS 510 and use DP cables. 

Hopefully that will help

HP Recommended

again i don't think the card is the culprit here rather the display device(s) are

you might get better results using DP ports as the display devices may respond better when on this input

again, don't blame the video card for the display devices shortcomings

HP Recommended

I've replaced the card with NVS 510 and it's been working fine.   No video port converter anymore.. all DP ports and I can connect 2 more monitors if required. 

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.