Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z620 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am going to see if anything new has been learned about the cable pinout for the Thunderbolt 2 add-on card for the z620. I have read all of the available info on this site and many others and it seems like no one knows the exact pinout so we can make our own cable. The cable is up to 400 dollar on some websites. Those who figure it out dont come back here and let everyone know. I will. There was a semi complete pinout on this forum tbut it wasnt verified and three of the wires were unknown where they go. Can anyone help?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

the z620/z820 both use the same TBolt cable as i recall (hp# 751363-001)

this cable was never available from HP as a separate item it was always bundled with the HP TBolt card

the vendor's selling this .50 cent cable for over 300.00 are thieves plain and simple

last, the HP TBolt 2/3 cards work on the z840, and i suspect the z820/z620 systems also

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.