Itskrayz
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Z620 and Radeon HD6970

HP Recommended
Z620
Linux

I got a Z620 free and decided to use it as a gaming computer. I have 2 Radeon HD 6970's and attempted to install 1 of them. When the PC starts it is just 1 continuous beep. The HD6970 has 8 pin +6pin to power. I got a dual 6 pin to 8 pin adapter and ran it from the 2 spare 6 pin cables that where by the front bottom fan. Still nothing. I have no idea where I can get another 6 pin adapter. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
DGroves
Level 11
4,688 4,662 440 990
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

all that you require is a single 6 pin to 8 pin adapter

HP makes a high quality adapter and this is included in their video kits when such a adapter is required

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1207528-REG/hp_n1g35aa_6_pin_to_8_pin_power.html

use the adapter and the remaining 6 pin plug  to power the card

the AMD 6970 is about the same power draw as K600/k2000 video card and a telsa K40 card so you should be right at the recommended HP power limit

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation