bigDaddyAl
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Z640 System Lock in 6 more logons

HP Recommended
z640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a use Z640, without and OS installed. I tried to install Windows 10 64bit on it. Windows did not recognize the drives. The system came with two drives. After much trial and error, I learned to perform  the hardware test,[F2] to determine what the problem with the drives might be. The test  could not find the two drives that are in my system. My most immediate problem is that with all my  trial and error the system is tell me that I only six (6) more logon attempts before my system is locked. Is there a way to avoid a system lock out? Can the number of logon attempts be reset. Hopefully there is. Then I can get back to trying to solve my disk drive error.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation