Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M.2 pci adapter
Linux

Hi,

I've got a dual CPU Z8. I acquired two of the custom dual m.2 adapters that slide on the custom pci slots on the top of the chasis. I am yet to install them but I noticed that they have a series of jumpers. I've looked around and haven't found any piece of doc/spec/faq regarding these boards and their jumper configs.

These cards can be found under a couple different product number/codes: SP# 933576-001 & 864764-001 (this one has the backplane that lines up on the typical card config.

Anyways, anyone here has setup a 4 nvme raid 0 with these cards? Or am I the pioneer (about to get full of arrows on my back!)

Insights? or a doc? Heck, just tell me it works and tell me what these jumpers do 😉

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I'm going to guess the jumpers are a group of 6 pins arranged in  three by three  which is the same config as the z8x0 workstations turbo z card and that your jumpers do the same thing as the turbo z which is to set the cards device ID

check the link below (page 😎

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04399475

HP Recommended

Checked it and no good. Different set of jumpers on this cards.

This card has a 3 pin jumper bridge, then underneath another 3 pin jumper bridge and following under, a 4 pin jumper bridge.

HP Recommended

i did not say the jumpers would be a exact match, i simply stated that the jumpers would most likely be for card ID

the z820 can support up to 4 cards, the z840 and later models  possibly more your Zx model may just use the two sets of 3 pin jumpers as card ID due to the board having two onboard slots  that may be already have the device ID set

rather than guessing contact HP support and ask them

HP Recommended

I followed your suggestions and I got both cards to show up with their corresponding 2xNVMEs. So now I have two NVMES but when these load, I loose my network ethernet 10gigE card!

ugh

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.